Thursday, May 10, 2007

MCSE 2003 or MCTS or both

A few years back (edit:actually it was 5, where has the time gone?) I achieved my MCSE on Windows 2000. Since then I haven't realy been involved in installing and administering Windows systems (except SQL 2000 and the odd web server). I have been getting deeper and deeper in to .net. My latest position combines administration and development, so I have decided to upgrade my qualification to MCSE 2003 and then try and get down the MCTS path. I used to think that in IT you are either on the admin side of things or the development side and it is a common term to say 'a jack of all trades is master of none'. However I have found my MCSE extremely handy when developing to know the goings on in W2000, W2003 and SQL Server. As MS have announced the retirement of the upgrade exams to W2003 I am attempting this first hopefully by the end of the summer.

No comments: