Thursday, August 09, 2007

New 22 inch widescreen

Well my old 19 inch CRT finally blew yesterday and I am now the proud owner of an iiyama 22inch widescreen (well in the office anyway). Takes a bit of getting used to, but the simple fact that there is virtually no reflection gives it the thumbs up straight away. Using VS 2005 with it is a dream.

The rewrite is going well. I have managed to implement code in different and better ways, learning new methods as I go along.

Speaking of VS 2005 here is a link to a blog entry that can help speed it up:-

Speeding up Visual Studio 2005

Reading through the transcript for Hanselminutes show 72 I came across a reference to a Justice Gray who is planning on reading and comprehending an IT related book each week. It beggers belief how he can find time to do that, but I guess it is all down to planning. I have a few books on my reading list, and I must admit it takes me quite a while to get through each one. Perhaps if I organise myself better I could wizz through these and try my best at keeping up to date with everything that is happening in the world of development.

After reading a few posts regarding mouseless computing I am trying my best to use my mouse less and rely on keyboard shortcuts instead. For one thing it may prolong the onset of RSI, but also I have found it quicker and easier to use keys for some things rather than reach out for the mouse. I do keep failing, especially when it comes to web browsing.

Happy programming

No comments: